Friday, October 3, 2008

Posting Spooky Day 3 - Dark Angel


Actually about the spookiest thing I could possibly post right now would be a picture of myself. It was a very long day. Had annoying little projects to finish, shopping to do, errands to run this morning. Rushed like a madwoman to make it in to work for noon, 2 1/2 hours earlier than usual. Then back home spending what should have been a peaceful hour or two refilling the pantry- I haven't been able to store food in there because of a leaky roof and all the rain Ike and his buddies brought with them. Hopefully Rick fixed the leak because cartons of food on the dining room floor gets real old real fast! Now I'm finally sitting down with a nagging headache and not hot enough cup of tea. 

Today's picture is one of my ferret angels. For several years I made them to donate to my friend Chere's ferret shelter. She'd sell or auction them and use the money for the vet bills. I started with "traditional" ferret Christmas tree angels, then branched out. Mona Weasel, Library Ferret Fairies, miniature wedding cake ferret toppers, angels in outfits made from friends' wedding gowns.  This is my Goth ferret angel. Click the picture to see it larger. 

4 comments:

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I love it! What a fun idea. I'd like to see the librarian one.

Barbara Chojnacki said...

Unfortunately I made the library fairies before I had a computer so no pictures. They were the same body as the Goth one, but wore "conservative" gowns of those tiny polka dot quilt fabrics that were so ubiquitous a few years back, with a touch of lace at the collar. Each was holding a leather bound copy of a book with the title in gold ink.

Alikat said...

You know I love this so darned much :0)

AliBAT

Laume said...

I bet this one sold fast!