Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Finally Posting Spooky again!



Okay, so when I last posted, the batteries in my digital camera had gone dead. No problemo, just recharge them for a few hours and we'll be good to go. Yeah. Right. The bleeping batteries wouldn't charge. A day and a half later they still hadn't charged. So, rather than scavenge two batteries from the miscellaneous clocks and radios in this house I bought four more new rechargeable batteries. Here is the picture I promised the other day. The second picture is a tablecloth (not shown are the eight matching napkins) I bought yesterday at a local consignments shop. I have lighter green candles to match the stripes in the cloth, but I have to trim down the ends to fit into the candleholders. I love my antique candleholder/bowl thingie. You can also see it on the cover of my Double Pinwheel Table Runner pattern, bedecked with satin Christmas balls.

My Halloween quilt top is stitched together and I found a piece of purple, black and white camo fleece at the Remnant Shop this morning for backing. Finishing it up will be my project for this afternoon. Oh yeah, I also found a sparkling orange and black wreath for the front door. Pictures later.

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Love the wallhanging! So different from most that I have seen. Well done!

Alikat said...

I 2nd Sherri, great job Barb

Ali
x

Kirsty said...

I love your wallhanging! Your ghost has a very mischieveous look on his/her face...makes me wonder what's coming next! Someday I'll get to quilt again...I just made a very utilitarian quilt for my bed, but haven't had time to make the "sandwich" or quilt it yet. With my luck it'll be spring before I get back to it! LOL!
I am so glad about the good news about your Mosquito...a pooch? So glad treatment worked out for you. Lost my good dog to cancer that was completely non-symptomatic, 1.5 years ago (irish setter) who was just 10, and much beloved. Now have an cutie pie 1 y.o. Brittany spaniel named (of all things) Blake. He came with the name, but...he mostly answers to Pooch! (accent on the oooooooch!)