Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Another WIP, and a reprieve!


Yesterday I finally created a pattern for my packet of five 1-yd. pieces of fabric, and cut all the pieces for it. Another very easy pattern but the interlocking design makes it harder to spot the blocks. It wound up being larger than I thought I'd be able to get out of that amount of fabric- 56" x 68". I'll start sewing it today, hope to have the top done by Thursday. I'm thinking of having a contest for the best name for this quilt- winner wins the finished pattern.

The day started out great- zipping right along on above mentioned project; wrapping it up to go to work when the phone rang. Not a good thing at that time of day- it could only be...Work! Looked like my one day off per week was going to go by the wayside for the forseeable future (read "forever", or at least until early autumn when my hours at Job #2 are cut back). But...by the end of the day, the Powers That Be did a bit of creative schedule juggling and gave me a (different) day off!

No comments: