Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve


It's New Year's Eve and the party hearty couple are at it again. While Rick and the dogs snoozed on the couch before dinner, I amused myself by putting away the holiday decorations and taking down the tree. It was inevitable I'd forget something (I always do)- this time it was this little moose guy I got on the freebie table at a local consignment shop. I couldn't resist hanging ornaments on his antlers, and I even shared my very special fruitcake button with him. Normally I wait at least until New Year's Day to undeck the halls, but with the tree up, I can't sit on the radiator and toast my tush while I watch TV.
After dinner we settled down to a night of boomer bliss watching old episodes of The Twilight Zone. Now Rick and the girls are asleep on the other couch. Will I make it to midnight? It's going to be tough, but I'm going to try, if only because we can hear the fireworks from the park, and I don't want a repeat of years past- falling asleep at 11:45, to be awakened at midnight, then be unable to fall back asleep

No comments: